B12 INJECTIONS IN MELBOURNE, FL
Among the latest advancements in health and wellness is the growing use of B12 injections to boost health, increase metabolic rate, assist in weight loss, and help manage a number of other medical conditions. At Essentials Medispa & Salon, we offer B12 injections administered by licensed, experienced specialists working under the direction of our four-time board certified medical director, Dr. Michael F. Lesser. Our facility proudly serves residents of Melbourne, Orlando, and nearby areas in Central Florida.
What are Vitamin B12 Injections?
These injections deliver Vitamin B12, an essential water-soluble vitamin, directly to the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system. Vitamin B12 injections are more effective than oral supplementation of B12 because the body’s absorption of oral supplements may be hindered by a variety of digestive issues. Vitamin B12 injections can quickly boost B12 levels in individuals and restore balance in cases of B12 deficiencies.
What Does Vitamin B12 Do?
- Helps the body process carbs – this is how it helps with weight loss
- Helps the body make red blood cells – especially important for women
- Is critical in making ATP, the basic unit of energy for the body – like gas for your car
- Helps the body break down alcohol
How Much Vitamin B12 Does a Body Need?
The Office of Dietary Supplements recommends an average daily intake of 2.4 micrograms (mcg) of Vitamin B12 for men and women over the age of 14, and about 2.6 mcg and 2.8 mcg for pregnant and breastfeeding women respectively.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Vitamin B12 Injections?
Vitamin B12 deficiency is uncommon in healthy adults who eat a balanced diet because the human liver stores several years’ supply of vitamin B12. Still, some individuals have a higher risk of developing a Vitamin B12 deficiency than others. Decreased levels of Vitamin B12 can produce the following symptoms:
- A “foggy brain” and impairments in cognitive function, such as memory or comprehension
- Blurred vision
- Chronic or repetitive headaches
- Depression, mood swings or irritability
- Dizziness and difficulty keeping one’s balance
- Feeling faint, weak, and lethargic
- Heart palpitations
- Mouth ulcers
- Paresthesia (tingling or prickly sensation)
- Sore, swollen tongue, which may be pale yellow or very red
- Weight gain and a sluggish metabolism
Who is at Risk for Vitamin B12 Deficiency?
Your risk for Vitamin B12 deficiency may be increased by a number of factors including:
- A vegetarian or vegan diet
- Alcohol abuse
- Endocrine-related autoimmune disorders, such as diabetes or a thyroid disorder
- Gastric bypass or the removal of parts of the stomach
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as Crohn’s disease
- Prescription medications, including antacids and some type 2 diabetes drugs
If you want to boost your metabolism and assist weight loss, while also improving such functions as your memory and clarity of mind, Vitamin B12 injections may be an ideal supplement for you. Contact Essentials Medispa & Salon in Melbourne to learn more about the Vitamin B12 injection treatments we provide for our patients in the Orlando and Central Florida Area. Vitamin B12 injections at Essentials Medispa & Salon are administered by licensed specialists working under the direction of our board-certified medical director, Dr. Michael F. Lesser.